It’s 7 p.m. and you’re getting home from work. It’s been a long day. You plop down in front of the TV. Ahhhhhh, you sigh, all is right with the world. The only thing missing? A big, cheesy pie of pizza to nosh on.
There comes a point when people experience the classic craving for pizza — a pressing desire for that heavenly balance of melted cheese, crunchy crust, soft, comforting carbs, the flavorful topping to put your tastebuds over the edge.
But if you’re on a low-carb or gluten free diet, you can’t consume the average pizza. To resolve this issue for diet-conscious pizza lovers everywhere, Jenn Zerling shared her go-to no-bread mushroom pizza recipe — and trust us, it is super delicious.
Originally from pizza capital, New York, Zerling, a fitness and nutrition expert as well as founder of JZFitness.com, created this healthy alternative to carb-loaded pizza. Zerling tossed bread and crust out of the equation, and instead, used big naturally savory Portobello mushrooms. Loaded with universally-loved pizza staples such as parmesan cheese, marinara and nutritious veggies, this healthy mushroom pizza recipe is sure to hit the spot.
- Portobello mushrooms
- Organic asparagus
- Organic broccoli
- Parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce (garlic flavored)
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take each portobello mushroom and carve out the center until the mushroom is hollowed out.
- Cut up the asparagus into small pieces.
- Break apart the broccoli.
- In each mushroom, fill up the inside with both the broccoli and asparagus pieces.
- Leave enough room to place some marinara sauce inside.
- Sprinkle some parm cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Check to see that the contents are hot, not burnt.
- Serve hot and watch this dish bring a smile to people’s faces.
- Serve hot.
*Featured image and slideshow images thanks to: Jennie Palluzzi / Garlic, My Soul
Twitter: @garlicmysoul https://twitter.com/
garlicmysoulInstagram: garlicmysoulFor more information about Garlic, My Soul and to view their mushroom pizza recipe, click here.