The Mohonk Mountain House will host a weekend getaway designed to bust stress and reduce pain on Friday, June 12 through Sunday, June 14.
Situated on Lake Mohonk in New York’s Hudson Valley, just 90 miles north of New York City, Mohonk Mountain House is a historic Victorian castle resort, National Historic Landmark and Historic Hotel of America, known for its top-rated spa, indoor and outdoor activities as well as stunning lake and mountain views.
The resort is now taking reservations for Tame Your Pain/Tame Your Stress, a weekend workshop where day attendees and overnight guests can learn methods to relieve pain caused by physical, environmental and psychological factors.
On Saturday and Sunday afternoons, guests will have the opportunity to participate in group workshops that aim to help individuals suffering from challenging health issues such as chronic back pain, sports injuries, arthritis, fibromyalgia, military combat related injuries, multiple sclerosis, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain, inflammatory bowel disease, and more. During these workshops, participants will learn about three life-changing healing practices, taught by husband-and-wife team Dr. Richard Brown and Dr. Patricia Gerbarg, graduates of Columbia and Harvard Medical School. With over 100 internationally-recognized publications, Brown and Gerbarg are renowned for their teachings and research.
Guests will have the option to book brief one-on-one consultations with the doctors to address individual needs.
Details about this weekend getaway are below.
What: Tame Your Pain & Stress Weekend Workshop
Where: Mohonk Mountain House
1000 Mountain Rest Road, New Paltz, NY 12561
When: June 12-14, 2015 and November 20-22, 2015
Guests will learn about:
- Breath-Body-Mind to activate the anti-pain, anti-inflammation, and anti-stress effects of the parasympathetic nervous system
- Qigong movements to enhance circulation
- Open Focus Attention Training for pain reduction.
Health issues addressed:
Chronic back pain, sports injuries, arthritis, fibromyalgia, military combat related injuries, multiple sclerosis, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain, inflammatory bowel disease, and more.
Overnight rates include:
- Three delicious meals daily: Bountiful breakfast and lunch buffets, a delicious dinner
- Afternoon Tea and Cookies
- Charming accommodations
- All Breath-Body-Mind programming
- Most resort activities, including yoga, fitness and meditation classes, hiking and use of indoor heated swimming pool and comprehensive fitness center
Day attendee rate includes:
- A program fee and four meals (dinner on Friday, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday)
- Since each program session builds upon the other, participants must attend all sessions
- $390* per adult (tax and gratuity additional)
Call (855) 274-4020. Please specify Tame Your Pain/Tame Your Stress weekend when making reservations.
To view a program schedule: